17021532_2294878370650739_2343799947948422327_n.jpg
 

The Lost Vancouver: an unexpected Art Deco Tour is honoured to be part of Capture Photography Festival. The curating team dives into the historical, social, and economical context that allowed and stripped away the Art Deco traces in Vancouver. Through a collaboration between Simon DesRochers Photographer and illustrator Mathieu Persan, the exhibition acts as a nostalgic interpretation of the city's architectural landscape through the two media of art.

April 11 - 23 // 11am - 4pm

 

At the opening on April 11, 2017, former provincial Heritage Branch director Jennifer Iredale spoke of the challenges of heritage preservation in Vancouver, while expressing her hope for the future.

Represented by AVA (Anne R. Vegnaduzzo & Katherine Chan) and hosted by SPACE.

Thanks to Nelson Mouëllic for the photographing the opening night!


SHOWROOM

SPACE showcases the work of a number of independent producers from the community of Strathcona. The focus of this showroom is to expose products that have a high level of craftsmanship, considerations to usability, and a friendly design aesthetic.

Ever evolving, the showroom exists to promote the stories, skills, and products of Vancouver’s talented artists, designers, creatives. Designers are given the opportunity to participate in various activities hosted at SPACE that showcase their products, and encourage the development of new products and ideas.

GALLERY

The gallery element at SPACE is integrated amongst the co-working and project areas, and is key to the environment at SPACE. An ongoing rotation of artwork and collections, along with various sculptural elements, occupy the walls and hang from the ceiling. We work closely with the artists we host, and challenge them to push their boundaries, and find new ways to showcase their imaginative ideas. 

The current collection "I Have a Vision in My Mind of a Life That I've Left Behind"  was created by Brothers Cody and Connor Smith. More details about this collection can be found HERE.

 

Work sold from SPACE is our life support. 80% of product sales goes to the creator, and the remaining 20% goes to SPACE. This model focuses on maximizing the money put back into artists and designers pockets, so they can keep creating, and our cut allows SPACE to keep our doors open. 


DSC04079.JPG

The two window displays at SPACE, provide an outlet for creative exploration. We invite artists and designers to play, and curate these nooks into creations of their imagination.  As a result, the work engages people off the street, igniting their curiosity, and ultimately leads them to open to door to SPACE for the very first time.